Sunday, August 3, 2008

China's Great Hall of the People


So leading up to and during the Olympic Games in Beijing, I will most likely dig into the archives of China photos in case there is a "not-so-stellar" shooting day. This is one of those days. By the way, this photo looks much better in it's original size, 60 inches long.

This happened to be a photo I have recently been working on for someone and it was fresh on my mind. It is obviously a composite of several images and in the center of the room (the right center of the photo) is Gov. Jon Huntsman Jr. as he was visiting some Chinese officials. The colorful room is inside the Great Hall of the People next door to Tiananmen Square, and it's comparable to the U.S. Capitol in D.C. The official speaking to Huntsman would sort of be like a senate majority leader. I have some great stories about this experience but they would require a huge text post. To spare you, I'll leave it at that.

More to come...

2 comments:

Amy said...

I think you forgot to mention your close brush with, who was it? The president of China?

Nick@Nite said...

Yeah, it was Hu Jin Tao, Although, he didn't come up and shake my hand or anything.